It’s time again to meet another member of the Joslin’s team – Ramon Perez!
Not only is Ramon an expert diamond setter, he even placed over 300 stones in a bracelet once for a well-known boxer. Get to know more about Ramon below!
1. What’s your position/role at Joslins?
Jeweler/Expert setter. I started setting stones when I was only nine years old in Mexico.
2. When and why did you join the Joslin’s team.
I moved to Kansas from California 15 ago to be with my family. I had a lot of trouble getting a job as a jeweler again because my English was very poor. I went to Joslin’s Jewelry after my cousin told me how nicely he was treated. I’m very happy to be here now.
3. What’s your favorite part of your job?
My favorite thing to do here is set diamonds. I love it because I have so much experience and I feel it is something I can do better than almost anybody.
4. Favorite or most memorable piece of jewelry that you’ve made?
I set nearly 300 stones in one bracelet for Mike Tyson. It was so memorable because it was the first time that I ever got to do a favor for someone that was very famous.
5. Any tidbits about yourself outside of work? – kids, hobbies, or fun facts?
I have four children. Two are in Mexico and two are in America.
Come visit Ramon at Joslin’s Jewelry – located at 9529 Antioch Overland Park, KS!